Welcome to Bolton Academy
Started in August 2003, Bolton Academy provides education from Pre-Kindergarten through Fifth Grade for the Bolton, Riverside, Collier Hills and Whittier Mill neighborhoods. At Bolton, children learn and thrive in an environment supported by high teaching and education standards, including those provided by the International Baccalaureate® (IB) World School accreditation. We are a top-ranked public school located in the West Atlanta and Bolton communities, within the Atlanta Public School System.
We are proud of our students, administrators, teachers and families of Bolton and look forward to sharing our journey with you and your future Bolton students.
The administrators and teachers of Bolton Academy are guided by its mission to provide quality instruction to all students in order to promote academic excellence.
As an IB World School, we strive to provide quality instruction and rigorous assessment to every student in order to promote academic excellence. Our goal is to cultivate global thinkers that take action toward a more peaceful world. We are a community charged with cultivating an environment that strives for intellectual success, social responsibility and open-mindedness of each of its members through:
- Celebrate diversity
- Taking risks
- Inquiring and seeking answers
- Experiencing positive and supportive interactions
- Demonstrating compassion towards each other and our world
Facts and Figures
- Opened in August 2003
- Address: 268 Adams Drive, Atlanta, GA 30318
- Approximately 575 students
- Serve Pre-K to Fifth grade, including 2 Special Education Classrooms
- Spanish taught daily in 1st-5th grade
- International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme curriculum with Common Core Standards for Math, Language Arts, Science, Social Studies
- Daily 5 for reading and Accelerated Reader program
- Specials instruction includes Art, Music, Physical Education, Technology, Spanish
- Offers Gifted and Talented and Challenge Programs
- Eureka Math program
- Art Enrichment Program
- Integrated technology in each classroom: Promethean Boards, Closed Circuit TV (with a broadcast center), Google Chrome carts, dedicated Technology center, computers in each classroom, ELMO overhead note sharing and projection.
Middle and High School Affiliation:
Sutton Middle School, North Atlanta School
Bolton Academy is proud of our North Atlanta Cluster! Not only are we in great company with our fellow elementary schools, but we all feed into the same great middle and high schools (Sutton Middle School, North Atlanta High School).
Our entire cluster is fortunate enough and has worked hard to achieve IB certification in all of our fellow cluster schools, giving all of our students additional resources, challenges and instructional opportunities to truly become life-long learners.