What is NAPPS?
North Atlanta Parents for Public Schools (“NAPPS”), was incorporated October 6, 1978, as a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to promote public support for public education in the Northside Atlanta Area.
Our organization, and those of our fellow parent groups throughout our District, have grown and evolved into an ever present group of dedicated parents striving to enhance quality education in order to support all public school students in the classroom. These groups are instrumental in fostering dialogue and positive change, reaching a wide audience of local and global businesses, City of Atlanta & State of Georgia Executive Leadership, Atlanta Public Schools Administration and City of Atlanta community neighborhoods.
Through these parent groups and their efforts to retain community focus, Atlanta Public Schools (“APS”), has officially recognized and implemented a Cluster Wide Model. This means, each community is structured with one focus in mind: Keeping Communities Together, elementary schools transition into one middle school and progress into one high school.
Mission of NAPPS:
- Provide a forum for sharing information with administration and parents of the North Atlanta cluster
- Provide access to APS Administrative Personnel to disseminate information and address issues that concern the membership and residents of the Northside Atlanta area
- Strengthen bonds with the larger community, including businesses and families or residents who do not have children enrolled in the North Atlanta cluster
- Promote APS education and support for our North Atlanta cluster schools, ultimately resulting in a high student retention rate Kindergarten thru 12th grade in an International Baccalaureate (“IB”) Programme.
Throughout the course of the year, we work in tandem with our fellow Cluster Parent Groups to discuss local community needs, synergies and best practices so we can evolve together and gain even more of a voice in working with our local Board of Education members and school system in order to take public education to the next level.
"Know Your Cluster"
Speaker Series 2016 - 2017
Atlanta Public Schools will transition to a charter model for the 2016-2017 school year. This structural change will transfer some decision making authority to community members elected to the cluster's Local School Governance Teams (LSGTs). To best educate and inform community members who may wish to run for election, NAPPS will hold monthly general meetings this year designed to share information regarding cluster demographics, programming and testing. It is our hope that by sharing this information we not only help educate our future representatives but help educate our cluster's electorate as well.
- April/August (2016) - LSGT Strategic Planning Process
- See Charter Application for additional dates in 2017/2018
- APS Charter System Application
- June BOE Cluster Planning & Charter System Application Update
- APS School Performance & Data
- APS Tableau Dashboards
- North Atlanta Cluster Strategic Plan
Take the time to learn more about our schools & cluster so we can support our students!