We were busy in October, but we have quite a bit planned for November as well! This is just a short list to get you started... Make sure to check our site, the Weekly Hoot, FaceBook and our Google Calendar to keep up with everything that is happening!
- Thursday, November 6, 8:30 am- 9:30 am. Coffee and Conversation with Ms. Strickling. Ms. Strickling will address a few topics for 30 minutes, then open the meeting to a parent question and answer session for 30 minutes (estimated end of the session: 9:30 am). The focus of this discussion will be on Math and Learn at-home strategies, as well as an open forum with Ms. Strickling.
- Friday, November 7, 5:30 pm: Spirit Night at Westside Pizza!
- International Dinner/General PTA Meeting- Thursday, November, 13, 6:30 pm. Please join us for a potluck International Dinner while we host our second General PTA Meeting with a Town Hall Q&A with Principal Ms. Laura Strickling. Links will be published soon so you can sign up for bringing a disk to share favorites from your family and culture!
- Thursday, November 20, 6:30 pm at Bolton Academy. Prospective Parent Open House for Bolton Academy. Please invite friends and neighbors to hear from current Bolton Academy teachers, parents, and recent Bolton Academy graduates about their experiences at Bolton Academy. Understanding and supporting Bolton makes our schools and communities that much stronger!
- Friday, November 21, 8:00 am – 10:30 am. Parent Observation Day ***The Georgia Department of Education wants to reach out to parents and allow the parents to observe classroom learning in the back of the room for a day per year. Parents of children who attend Title I schools shall have access to school staff, opportunities to participate in the child's class, and to observe classroom activities. (20 U.S.C. § 6318). This involved parent observation and training from 8:00am - 9:00 am. Starting at 9:00am, these volunteers sit quietly and observe in assigned classrooms (please, parents/adults only). The observation period ends at 10:00 am, with volunteers being dismissed shortly after; please contact Ms. Burch more for more information.