The Atlanta Public Schools will become a "Charter System" in July 2016. Each school in APS is charged with forming a local governing body - called a GO Team. These teams are comprised of:
- 3 parents (elected by parents)
- 3 instructional staff (elected by staff members)
- 2 community members (nominated by principal)
- 1 swing seat (selected by GO Team)
- The principal (non-voting member)
Cluster Community Meeting: If you would like to learn more about the North Atlanta Cluster Plan (moving to a Charter System Model), provide feedback on the plans, and Meet GO TEAM candidates at your schools, please attend the cluster community meeting.
When: March 10th, 2016 6:00-7:30 pm
Where: Sarah Smith Elementary School (Intermediate Campus), 4141 Wieuca Road, NE 30342
GO Team Elections:
GO Team elections start this week, so if you can't make the meeting, please take a second to look at the candidate names and terms of all individuals (English; Spanish) who have declared their intent to run in the GO Team election. Voting will begin at 9am on March 8th and continue until 11:59 pm on March 14th.
In order to vote, you must have two important numbers:
- Your Voter ID - this is your child's student ID number, which can be found on their report card or via the Infinite Campus online system.
- Your PIN number - this number is being mailed to you and should arrive this week.
If you do not receive it by the end of this week, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Once you have these two numbers, you may vote by visiting the website http://www.atlantapublicschools.us/vote. Thank you for participating in this important process. This is your opportunity to have a voice in the decision making process for our school!