To help all parents get ready for another great year, it is always easier when you know what to expect. While the checklists below are not all-encompassing, we hope to help you and your child prepare for a wonderful year.
Registration & Necessary Information
What do I need to provide in order to enroll my child? Bolton is an Atlanta Public School (APS) and requires the following forms and information:
- Enrollment forms
- Birth certificate for each child being enrolled
- Photo identification of the person enrolling the child that may include: driver’s license, a state identification card, a passport, or other official photo identification, such as an ID card obtained through an official government agency or consulate.
- Proof of residency in the attendance zone along with a signed and notarized Affidavit of Residence.
- Any previous school records, official transcript or cumulative records.
- Georgia Certificate of Immunization
- Certificate of Vision, Hearing and Dental Exam
- Proof of Legal Guardianship
- Proof of Legal Custody (if legal custody is split between two parents)
- Social Security Number per child being enrolled
For more information or assistance, please contact the Department of Student Relations at 404-802-2233 or email@example.com.
Pre-School Year Activities
- Receive notice of your child’s teacher(s)
- Parents: register for Parent Portal/Infinite Campus access (https://ic.apsk12.org/campus/portal/atlanta.jsp)
- Determine if you can participate in PTA or your child/children’s classroom
- Contact PTA/Bolton with any questions you may have
- Purchase school supplies based on the designated school supplies list
- Purchase school uniforms
- Navy/White collared shirts
- Khaki pants, jumpers or skirts
- Bolton spirit wear
- Establish a school lunch account/determine lunch preferences
- Determine transportation: bus route, carpool number, walker
- Understand arrival and dismissal times
- School opens at 7:30 am
- Announcements start at 7:55 am
- School starts at 8:00 am
- Tardy arrival at 8:05 am
- Afternoon dismissal starts at 2:30 pm (bus, carpool, pick up)
- After school program runs from 2:30 pm to 6:00 pm
- Late pick up penalties start at 6:00 pm for After Care
Celebration of Learning Event
- Meet your child/children’s teacher
- Find your child/children’s classroom
- Sign up for aftercare programs
- Join the PTA
- Volunteer in your child/children’s classes or with the PTA
- Sign up for clubs and activities
- Purchase your agenda(s) - $10
- Purchase any necessary class materials
- Establish determine school lunch PIN/account or if your child is bringing lunch
- Purchase Bolton spirit wear
- Confirm your bus route/carpool number/arrival and departure methods and any authorized persons for pick up/drop off
- Ask any remaining questions of teachers/administrators/PTA
- Get ready for the first day of school and a great night of sleep.
First Day of School
- School supplies (Bring on first day)
- Snack supplies (for Kindergarten only)
- School lunch account PIN, money for breakfast and/or lunch, or lunch bag
- School uniform
- Arrive before 8:00 am
- Decide pick-up: After Care, walker, carpool, bus riders
- Check (and sign) your child’s agenda for updates, behavior comments, reminders, homework or other teacher correspondence
- Settle in for a great year!