PTA Officers, Committees and Volunteer Opportunities
Bolton Academy PTA Board
The PTA Executive Board consists of the PTA officers and the Principal. Current issues and future development of school policies and curriculum are discussed at Board meetings, as well as plans for upcoming PTA functions and events. PTA officer positions and current officers are as follows:
David Gordon and Jamie Harrell President@boltonacademy.org:
Coordinates volunteer efforts; serves as primary link between PTA and the principal; conducts monthly Executive Board Meetings and General PTA Meetings; coordinates materials and volunteers for Celebration of Learning, Prospective Parent Open House, and Kindergarten Orientation; represents the school through the North Atlanta Parents for Public Schools (NAPPS) organization; and works with the Atlanta Board of Education and Atlanta Public Schools (APS) on any issues of importance to the school.
- PRESIDENT-ELECT (2 Vacant Positions): Assists the President at all events; participates in all Executive Board and General PTA Meetings to learn the specifics of Bolton Academy’s PTA budgeting and other related needs prior to taking office.
- VICE PRESIDENT OF FUNDRAISING (Nate York): Oversees all fundraising efforts, including the Business Development Committee and the Fall Fundraiser.
- VICE PRESIDENT OF COMMUNICATIONS (Melanie Haley): Oversees communications produced by the school: Website, Facebook, calendar, Weekly Hoot, Directory, Newsletters, and Community PR.
- VICE PRESIDENT OF EVENTS (Kristen Lancaster): Oversees family fun events and recruits volunteers throughout the school year.
- VICE PRESIDENT TEACHER SUPPORT (Keisha Prentiss): Oversees teacher appreciation events; recruits volunteers throughout the school year.
- SECRETARY (Nancy Malkin): Attends PTA Board meetings and takes minutes for Board approval. The Secretary also maintains the school database to keep member records up to date.
- TREASURER (Judy Veras): Handles the accounting of the PTA funds and the annual PTA Budget; files tax returns.
- TREASURER-ELECT(Vacant): Assists the Treasurer; manages the Grocery Store cards and similar fundraising efforts.
- All above officers are members of the PTA Executive Board.
- PARLIAMENTARIAN: Assists the Executive Board with any items that come up for a vote.
In the fall, the PTA Executive Board forms a nominating committee which fills PTA committee positions for the following school year. At this time, parents can nominate themselves for a specific job or a general interest to help support the PTA’s activities. Positions are available for all who are interested, and we welcome your involvement.
Bolton’s PTA has over 60 committees that ensure these functions and activities actually happen. We would like to express our sincere gratitude to those of you who have agreed to lead one of our PTA committees. We are very grateful for your support. We also thank all of you for your consideration to serve on one or more of the committees. We are still actively looking for all types of volunteers for the upcoming school year. Together we can make a difference in the students’ lives and education! If you are interested in leading a committee, please visit the sign-up genius to find the right fit for you. http://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090f49adaa2da13-ptacommittee
If leading a committee sounds like too daunting of a commitment, but you still want to help, don’t worry, there is a job for you. The PTA is always looking for help. We will petition for volunteers throughout the year.
If you have any additional questions about partnering with the PTA, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Executive Board Meetings
The PTA Executive Board meets on a monthly basis. The PTA Executive Board Meetings are held at the school the first Tuesday of the month. Currently, meetings are scheduled for the following dates at 6:00 pm in the media center. Please note that these dates are subject to change. Please visit our monthly calendar for the most up-to-date information or to add an electronic copy to your calendar.