The Local School Council is an organization dedicated to the support of Bolton Academy. Parents, school faculty, community members, and business partners are all represented on the Local School Council. Local School Council members are elected yearly. See below for a list of Local School Council members.
The School Council:
- Is an advisory group
- Focuses on school improvement and student achievement
- Is a new method of involving the community in the educational process
- Is not a mini board of education
- Is not a political forum
- Does not run the day-to-day operations of the school
- Is not responsible for hiring
- and firing of school personnel
The school council exists to provide advice, assistance and recommendations on matters relating to student achievement and school improvement. The 2011-2012 Bolton Academy Local School Council Representatives are listed below.