Time and Talent
The PTA is a volunteer organization and many of the activities in and around Bolton are supported, organized and provided by parents and friends of Bolton. If you have any interest in getting involved, sharing your story and talents, your time, or even moral support. We want you to join us however, wherever it best works for you and your student.
We need help with events, donations, supplies, readers, classroom volunteers and much more. Whether you can take time out to read a story, help with a classroom’s celebration activities, take on coordination of an event, or donate resources and materials, each and every level of assistance is greatly appreciated!
How do I volunteer in my child’s classroom?
Contact your child’s teacher via your child’s agenda or email and ask how you can volunteer. Teachers’ volunteer needs vary from classroom to classroom. All teachers need a room parent(s) to help with the facilitation of parties, etc. in the classroom as well as volunteers to help with items such as bulletin board creation, etc.
Please identify your volunteer level from the list below and complete required training accordingly.
For the safety of our children, ALL school volunteers must complete the following three steps and turn in required paperwork to the main office.
- Review a 15 minute child abuse prevention on-line training presentation. At the conclusion of the video, complete, print out and submit this training certificate. The child abuse training for volunteers may also be found on the Atlanta Public Schools website under the community tab. Click here to watch the video. If you have trouble with the link, please try to open it in a different browser.
- Submit a Volunteer Release Form to be on file with the school.
- Submit a copy of your driver’s license.
You can fax all 3 documents to 404.350.2853 or email them to Melanie Haley at firstname.lastname@example.org. You will need to show your driver's license at the front desk when you arrive for your first volunteer visit to confirm it matches the one on file.
Level 1 Volunteer: Non-district personnel who will have no direct interaction with students. This level requires the review of the video and to prove a copy of the following to the school: training certificate, Volunteer Release Form, and a copy of your photo ID.
Level 2 Volunteer: Non-district personnel who will have direct interaction with students with either an APS employee or two other adults present at all times. This level requires the review of the video and to prove a copy of the following to the school: training certificate, Volunteer Release Form, and a copy of your photo ID. Additionally an online background check will be performed by school personnel.
Level 3 Volunteer: Non-district personnel who will have direct, unsupervised interaction with students. Level 3 Volunteers must be fingerprinted by the district and have GBI/FBI criminal background checks on file prior to service.
Many Ways to Support Bolton Academy
All successful kids have a community and school behind them. Take this opportunity to add your support to the success and growth of Bolton Academy and our kids! Not all of us have the funds or the time to help at any and all events, but even the smallest effort has the greatest impact. Please consider getting involved however and wherever you can.
- Join the PTA
- Volunteer to help your child/children’s teacher and classrooms
- Be a room parent!
- Donate to the PTA, the school or the Soaring Owls Foundation (also known as “SOFi”)
- Participate in any of the fundraising activities below
- Volunteer during a school event or function
- Share your expertise with the students, school and community