School Operating Hours, Arrival & Dismissal and Parking Information
School Operating Hours
- School begins at 8:00 am. Students should arrive at school by 7:55 am via bus, carpool or walking.
- School ends at 2:30 pm. Children should be picked up via bus, carpool or walking no later than 3:00 pm.
Atlanta Public Schools supports the following “Bell Schedule”:
- APS elementary schools will begin at 8:00 a.m. and end at 2:30 p.m.
- APS middle schools will begin at 9:05 a.m. and end at 4:05 p.m.
- APS high schools will begin at 8:30 a.m. and end at 3:30 p.m.
Arrival and Dismissal
- Schools are open to receive all students 30 minutes prior to the beginning of the instructional day (elementary school: 7:30 am). Bus riders will be received upon arrival. Other students may not arrive at school prior to the times listed below unless they are enrolled in a school-provided before care program.
- Students must depart within 15 minutes of the end of the instructional day unless they are supervised in an after school program or extracurricular activity.
- Students who arrive prior to the school opening times below or depart after the closing times may be referred to the school social worker.
- Cars DO NOT drop off students at the main entrance prior to 7:55 am. NO PARKING in front of the school main entrance at any time. This is a FIRE LANE.
Note: This is for 2:30 pm dismissal. This does not impact After School program pick-up out of the cafeteria and with after school program personnel.
- Parent Pick-up is NOT permitted through the front doors between 2:10 - 2:50 pm: Parents picking up through the front doors of the school will not begin until the buses are dismissed at 2:50 pm. This is a change from the past. If you absolutely need to pick up your child for an appointment, you will need to park and sign your child out in the front office before 2:10 pm. Only children will be allowed to exit through the front doors to their assigned buses between 2:15 - 2:50 PM.
- Walker Pick-Up: Parents picking up their kids for walking home should only use the music door room on the outside of the school near the playground. This door will open at 2:30 PM. Coach Blanco will monitor the door and check out children until 3 PM.
- Auditorium for Car Pool Only: We please ask that parents do not walk in and pick up from the Auditorium; this is for car riders only. If you would like to pick up your child, please let their teacher know that they will be a walker and they can then be picked up through the WALKER pick up door.
- Carpool Lane: Please remain in your car when picking up, following the flow and directions of the teachers directing the process. You and your child will be on your way safely, effectively and efficiently by following the overall process.
- No Parking within 20 feet of School Driveways: Parking close to the driveways makes it very difficult for the buses to pull into and out of the driveways and onto Adams Dr. Otherwise, you place your vehicle –and our school buses – in harm’s way.
Bus: Buses drop off and pick up students at the main entrance of the school. For Bus route information, please call the APS Transportation Department at (404) 802-5500 or go to http://www.atlantapublicschools.us/domain/5364.
Walking: Walkers enter the main entrance of the school in the morning. In the afternoon, walkers will be dismissed to the music room to be picked up; parents are to utilize the outside door of the music room facing the playground with a teacher present to validate and release students.
A combination locked gate is installed behind the school (back of the playground; Harry Brooks & Maudlin Drive) for those walkers to utilize. The combination is for Bolton Academy students only and can be obtained by emailing BoltonAcademyPTA@gmail.com. You will need to provide your name, your student’s name, grade, and teacher as well as your address to obtain the code
Carpool: Cars participate in carpool behind the school as described in our new procedures published above. Cars drive to the back of the school, curve to the left, and wait in line by the flagpole. Please do not exit your car as the teachers on duty will locate your children and release them to you.
- Morning carpool – 7:30am until 7:55am. No carpool number is needed.
- Afternoon carpool – 2:30pm until 2:45pm. A carpool number is needed for afternoon carpool. You will need to get a form from the office and return it to your student’s teacher to receive a carpool number.
- Cars DO NOT drop off students at the main entrance prior to 7:55am. NO PARKING in front of the school main entrance or within 20 feet of the school driveways after 2:00pm, as this disrupts afternoon bus pick up.
- PLEASE do not park in the fire lanes painted around the school. This area must remain open and available in case of emergency to keep all of our students, teachers, staff and administration safe! You CAN be ticketed and towed in these areas by fire and police.
Thank you for your cooperation!